Bar Harbor Bank & Trust Scholarship
Going to college?
We can help you pay for that!
Apply for a Bar Harbor Bank & Trust scholarship today.
At Bar Harbor Bank &Trust we are pleased to invest in the education of our youth. Education changes lives and improves communities. Obtaining higher education is one of the surest ways for each person to have a fulfilling and successful career. Scholarships can help make a difference in paying for the cost of college education.
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is pleased to offer up to fifteen scholarships of $1,500 each to high school graduating seniors throughout Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont who are going on to college. These scholarships are for income eligible applicants who have attended a technical career program as part of their high school curriculum. From qualified applicants, one student will be chosen per technical center as outlined below.
Eligible technical centers include:
- Maine - Bath Regional Career & Tech, Capital Area Technical Center, Coastal Washington County Institute of Technology, Hancock County Technical Center, Mid-Maine Tech Center, St. Croix Regional Tech, United Technology Center, and Waldo Tech Center;
- New Hampshire - Concord Regional Technical Center, Hartford Area Career & Technical Center, Manchester School of Technology, Milford High School & Applied Technology Center, Nashua Technology Center North, Nashua Technology Center South, Sugar River Valley RTC Claremont, Sugar River Valley RTC Newport, and Wilbur H. Palmer Career & Tech Center;
- Vermont - Central Vermont Career Center, Hartford Area Career & Technical Center, Randolph Technical Career Center, River Bend Career & Technical Center, and Stafford Technical Center.
Students residing in the following counties are eligible:
- Maine – Hancock, Kennebec, Lincoln, Penobscot, Sagadahoc, Waldo, and Washington;
- New Hampshire – Grafton, Hillsborough, Merrimack and Sullivan;
- Vermont – Orange, Rutland, Washington and Windsor.
The deadline to apply is May 1, 2018.
Click here to access the application , or pick one up at your local branch of Bar Harbor Bank & Trust and Lake Sunapee Bank.
- Complete one-page scholarship application
- Personal statement describing career aspirations and college choice
- High school transcript
- Copy of FAFSA
This scholarship, offered by Bar Harbor Bankshares, is being administered by the Maine Community Foundation. For questions, please contact the Foundation at 207-667-9735.